DTS DCH Driver for Realtek [DTS:X]

Ferather

Administrator
Staff member
I found a more permanent fix for HDMI-SPDIF, by changing it's form factor, restarting the service, waiting, then changing it back.
I have made a pack that will do this for you on start-up, or on demand by making a shortcut, here is a guide:

Right click and edit the .reg files, NRM is normal (original), SPK is speaker, and add the GUID(s).
You can add multiple devices, in my case I added AMD HDMI and Realtek SPDIF.

I have added a 'Editing.txt' for the original form factors. Save the files, then copy the 'Fixes' folder to 'C:\Windows\'.
Now open 'Task Scheduler', and import the 'HDMI-SPDIF.xml', (I created a new folder called Fixes).

Now the .bat file will run on user login, you can also create a shortcut of the bat, and enable run as admin.

If a device is updated-uninstalled, you will need to replace the .reg files.

----

Enjoy! I am taking a break for a bit.

Ferather

Administrator
Staff member
Re-uploaded: DTS DCH 6.0.9282.1 (Signed), changes:

• HDMI-SPDIF no longer requires a form factor in order to use APO4 with Interactive or multichannel.
  • Fixed an issue where in some cases the service would stop when pressing off in stereo.
  • Fixed several crash points when no form factor is detected, or not supported.
--

In some cases if you press the off button in stereo mode, you might need to minimise then restore the app to refresh it.

Last edited:

Ferather

Administrator
Staff member
DTS DCH 6.0.9285.1 (Signed) - See post 1 for the download links and guide. Updated the driver infs (will do more another time).
  • Moved the Realtek panel unlock to optional, see the included txt file (may change later).
  • Some polish and changes to improve stereo and delay.
----

If you get any delay or issues with stereo, due to past installs or other reasons (for me, Microsoft driver), rebuild endpoints:

1642108191876.png

Restart the computer once the rebuild is finished, and FX closed.

You may need to delete old devices, using FX > properties.

Last edited: